Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekly Challenge SPECIAL: Remembering Armanda McCafferty 11/30/84-11/05/14

Hey folks, this is your fellow scribble nerd Ashley here taking over for Dee this week to bring you a very special challenge: my best friend Armanda.
Armanda has been my best friend for a little over 10 years and after fighting a very miserable and painful illness for the last 5 she finally let go and passed away Wednesday morning.




It's difficult for me to find things to say about her that don't sound like some cliche Hallmark card.
She was one of the truest, goodest, most kind hearted people I've ever met. She valued every single person she ever knew. Even through some of her darkest times she still put on a smile and tried to make the day brighter for the people who cared for her both in and out of the hospital. Her good nature was infectious even to a hardened asshole like me.
We used to joke often about how conflicting our natures were and how by all means we shouldn't be friends, but ended up with a bond closer than most sisters.  Not a day went by when I visited, despite the pain she was in, where she didn't inquire about my well-being or what new things I had going with my art projects.

Well babe, now you're one of 'em.
It's not much, but I hope I can at least honor the memory of you and all you've done for me.

Thank you Scribble Nerds, my friends, for putting pencil to paper and helping out a nerd in need.

(All challenges will be put up on display during Friday's wake)

1 comment:

  1. This was beautifully written, and a very kind tribute. I'm sure she would be touched and honored by this writing and this whole week of artwork.

    ReplyDelete