Friday, August 1, 2014

Street fashion at it's finest


I have to admit, I kind of have a little thing for fashion, especially street fashion. I used to get Shojo Beat magazine as a kid and every once in a while they would do a feature on Japanese street fashion. Before the days of fashion blogs and trend trackers, these articles were the best part of the magazine. I instantly fell in love with the incredibly unique fashions of the Shibuya and Harajuku districts.

A lot of what I absorbed from those photos informed how I dress even to this day. The whimsical mixing and matching of patterns, textures, silhouettes, and materials is addictive. With a few exceptions of the more strict subcultures, a lot of the fashion I like comes with the "I wear what I want" vibe. Crazy random pieces come together to make a cohesive look. As Dee said to me once, "The don't give a fuck attitude is an accessory all it's own."

the original photo page

XO – Clare

1 comment:

  1. Clare, this is great! Japanese fashion is a huge world all it's own, I like that one of our group members chose to tackle it. (Also I love the drawing as well)

    ReplyDelete