Friday, August 15, 2014

Gaziwwa and a little dose of nightmare fuel



Making monsters cute is so much fun. While I was working on a cute Godzilla (or as I have renamed him, Gaziwwa,) my boyfriend who is also an artist told me I needed to be truer to the original Godzilla design. I told him I didn't know what to do about it. Making it any more "authentic" swung it waaaaaay into the creepy end of the spectrum. He wanted to give it a try, so I handed over my sketchbook. 

Five minutes of a weirdo indie movie on Netflix later, I receive the drawing below, and a dejected sounding "Sorry. You can erase it." I certainly will not! This is the creepiest version of a cute monster I have ever laid eyes on. He is a self-declared novice of cute art, but that's ok because this may be the terrifying cute monster I've ever seen.
XO – Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment