Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Spotlight Henry Pope III 


Former Marine, Freelance Illustrator, Comic Artist, Graphic Designer. 

Badass, Nice Guy. 


Oh boy where do I begin...I have been drawing steady ever since like 2nd grade, I have always loved to draw, loved comics, comic strips, comic characters, cartoons. It's truly one of my first loves. Next to the Ford Mustang and women. 

It all started with Peanuts and Garfield, then Heathcliff and everything Warner Bros. Then it was TMNT (go figure) Bucky O'hare, Usagi Yojimbo, tons of Anime, then it was Marvel Comics, Spider-Man and the Avengers, artists like Todd Mcfarlane, Jim Lee, Erik Larsen, lesser known independent artists like Ben Dunn's Ninja High School, James O'Barr's The Crow and of course Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, all creating their own characters and comic book companies inspire me each day to push and work hard to be of that same level, the same success!

I write and illustrate my own webcomic "Pink & Nanook" its a story about two teenage girls who are going to go on a great adventure with each other and become amazing friends for life. Yeah I know it sounds kind of odd for on old marine to be writing and drawing a kinda girly comic book, but I really believe in the story and characters as they have been evolving along with me since I first came up with the idea in 2011. Here is a taste of Pink & Nanook.



So that's the dream, to get to the point where I am publishing and selling my own comics regularly. The day gig is all about looking for a gig. Working as a freelance illustrator, I have to constantly hustle to find jobs, create sales opportunities and foster, grow relationships that are crucial to not only the growth of my business, but myself as person. I place the value of having good people in my life first and foremost and well I do believe I found some in these Scribble Nerds. 

If you would like to see more of my work, or wish to hire me for any commissions or any other creative business needs please contact me as soon as possible! My prices are very reasonable and I am always available! 

Here are my links to all my sites and social media! Please Like, Follow and Share! Thank you!!! 





Twitter: @PinknNanookInk 

Instagram @2PopeArt 

No comments:

Post a Comment